Wednesday 17 October 2012

Mac Marilyn Monroe Lipstick in Scarlet Ibis

I got to admit I wasn't overly impressed when I first saw this collection - I really wanted to like it because the packaging is beautiful and wanted to pick up few items.
I mean nice colours both for eyeshadows and blushes but nothing out of the ordinary that I need in my collection so I only ended up getting 1 lipstick.
They put a lot of thoughts in the other packaging too - love the wee kiss inside the lid :)
The actual lipstick is a shiny black bullet with a Marilyn photo and red writing - I think it's spot on and in keeping with the 'theme'.
The shade I chose - Scarlet Ibis - is a re-promote from the Iris Apfel collection which I decide to buy since I regretted not getting it last time.
The colour is an orange red - pulling quite on the orange side on me - with a matte finish.
It's pretty comfortable on the lips and not drying; I already got few compliments wearing it so I'm really glad I bought it now! :)
Interested in this collection? What did you buy?
x

23 comments:

  1. Love the colour! Kind of wish I got it now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab packaging and the colour looks so good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the packaging - like the shiny tube! xx

      Delete
  3. I wasn't too excited about the marilyn collection but this looks quite a nice orange red with a sheer finish, will have to check out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely a shade I'm proud to have in my collection! x

      Delete
  4. That's a gorgeous shade! I wasn't too wowed by this collection and haven't bought anything as yet, but some of the lipsticks look good x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the lipsticks are the best pieces. x

      Delete
  5. That is a really pretty color! Love the packaging.

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh that sure is one pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked this one up too :) just waiting for it to come in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! can't wait to see your review :)

      Delete
  8. I wasn't so impressed by this collection either. It has a lot of re promotes and don't find the shades unique. Pure Zen isn't new either. But the packaging is quite cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Pure Zen but didn't look good on me :( xx

      Delete
  9. I was disappointed by the collection, the colours were fine but I didn't like the packaging, I felt they could have done a lot better especially considering it's an ode to such a legend! Scarlet Ibis is lovely though, I'm a sucker for an orange red xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't excited by the other shades - shame as I was so excited when I first heard about this collection. xx

      Delete
  10. Wow that's lovely, such a stunning colour x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review!!

    Ill definitely check it out !!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by