Sunday 16 December 2012

FlavrBox / November Edition

ooohhhh, It's always exciting to receive a box full of yummy goodies... and this is the BEST box so far, in my opinion! Here I give you november's FlavrBox:
Cheddar Gorge Cheese Company - Cheddar Cheese Straws
I had to open these within 3 minutes of getting the box *greedy*
They taste even better than I expected - they are like puff pastry sticks, full of cheeseness flavours (of course, you must love cheese and I personally would marry cheese, if I could!). NEEDTOFINDMOREOFTHESE!!!
Rossini's Rub - Panch Phoron
I must say I'm not a big fan of marinades because I don't like meat and don't cook it from scratch very often; also, I prefer my vegetables 'au naturel'. This tin is a pretty generous size and could last for years, I reckon. They suggest to mix the seeds with some oil to create a paste - great tip and will give it a go with some fish.
Jing Tea - Ali Shan Tea
This is a seriously weak tasting tea (or maybe I can't bloody brew it properly).
Anyway, it is very very light in taste which is not such a bad thing because I can avoid to put any sweetener in it. It's described as hearty and refreshing and yes, that is just spot on - I couldn't find better words to describe it myself.
These are actually tea pearls, which I had never tried before, and  can be re-used three/four times, apparently.
Sundowner - Parmesan, Olive & Rosemary Biscotti
I can't deny these biscotti (more like crackers?!) taste very familiar - parmesan & olives are part of the typical italian diet and some of my favourite things... so I could only end up loving them!
Apart from the burst of authentic flavour, I was pleasantly surprised to find them quite moist and not dry, thanks to the olives.
I also received the nut mix from Sundowner, last month, but I haven't had the chance to try them yet.
The Pelagonia Range - Aivar
Another utterly delicous product! If you can only try 1 product from this box, I have to recommend this one.
It takes so authentic and fresh and with high quality ingredients.
Apparently, this brand works in partnership with over 650 families from the Pelagonia valley, in the south-west of Macedonia. They source and create these delicious, authentic recipes from the region and they taste sooo natural that you would think they had just been made in front of your eyes and not our of a jar.
Aivar, in particular, is a blend of roasted peppers and aubergine that can be cooked with chicken, as pasta sauce or simply as a spread. I rocked it with the cheese straws and the Sundowner biscotti!
Chocca Mocca - Real Raspberries Dipped in Fine Dark Chocolate
...and finally dessert!
Delicious raspberry coated in dark chocolate - I love dark chocolate!
Great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and cutting few calories in the process.
I got to say that these boxes never, never fails to please... unfortunately, this is gonna be my last box for a while... back on diet after Christmas. :(
Check out the previous boxes here and here.

21 comments:

  1. those chocolate raspberry things look rather beautiful haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drool! I love the look of the chocolates, biscotti, cheese straws AND aivar! What a great box. x

    www.lottys-luxuries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pepper spread sounds delicious, I really want to try it! The whole box looks great though. May have to invest in one of these instead of beauty boxes haha

    Lola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I totally recommend it, it makes me happier than the 'ever so disappointing' beauty boxes. Xx

      Delete
  4. This box looks amazing. I've toyed with the idea of signing up but as i have a nut allergy I just can't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate and cheese straws, definitely a winning box! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe glad we are on the same page ;) xx

      Delete
  6. I now pronounce you and cheese...wife and erm...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! I want some of those cheese straws, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I want these chocolate raspberries!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alex - we're very pleased to hear you liked our Aivar - it's available along with Luteniza (it's spicier cousin) in Waitrose stores and FINE food shops across the UK: www.pelagonia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it's delicious!! Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete
  10. wow i really want to try this! looks great!!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by