Friday 1 June 2012

Debenhams 5/6

MAC goodies from Debenhams:





Mac Paint Pot in Painterly: I'm sure you all know plenty about this product; it's a staple for many so I wanted to check what the fuss was all about. ;)
I'm preferring a neutral eye look, lately, so this is perfect to just neutralize any discolouration of the eyelid - add a bit of mascara and pronto! I'm ready! As you can see, it's nearly undetectable on the skin.
Also, it doubles as a primer as it stays put really well and doesn't crease.



Mac Amplified Creme Lipstick in Cosmo: this is the typical Mac formula, very creamy and moisturising. Colour payoff is also very good, although you tend to go through a bullet pretty quickly because it's so creamy.
The colour I chose is the perfect mix between nude brown and pink (unfortunately, I can't rock a plain brown)... pretty happy with it - it very flattering and everyday shade.



Mac Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Full Speed: this lipstick doesn't come in the typical Mac packaging but it's in the longer, square one. It's supposed to be the perfect combo between high pigmentation of a lipstick and shine of a lipgloss but I didn't see any amazing glossiness, to be honest.
Still, it's a gorgeous bright pink/coral (quite orange, actually) and not drying on the lips, kinda of a balmy feeling.



Mac Cremeblend Blush in Something Special: eek!!! :)
I've been wanting this for a long time - I got it as a cheaper option to Becca Tuberose.
It has become one of my favourite blushes - I love it, it's so beautifying and I reach for it often.
It's a cream blush but it's not sticky and it actually dries matte: I like that option, all my other cream blushes tend to be dewy.



Mac Brushes in 217, 266, 212: 217 is your typical blending eyeshadow brush. I used to have one years ago but then I lost it somehow and always putting it off to buy a replacement.
To be fair, I'm more and more doing natural eye looks so I don't need it a great deal; also, I think the no7 equivalent is just as good but cheaper.
266 to be honest, I wanted the 263 but I always find it out of stock... I shouldn't have bought this one - I wanted the angled brush for gel eyeliner but I find its bristles too hard, nearly scratching my eyelid. This is best suitable for eyebrows but I never do my eyebrows... this is a regret buy. :(
212 again, I wanted an eyeliner brush - thiner than the angled one; this is pretty thin, flat and very soft but It works best with powder eyeshadow (than gel) and I barely use this product to line my eyes... again, I could definitely live without it! :(

Which are your favourite Mac products??
xx

18 comments:

  1. I really love the Cosmo lipstick. Favourite Mac products are the face and body foundation and an eyeshadow called expensive pink :)
    Beauty Fiends blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhu, I need to check expensive pink then - I like pink/purple eyeshadows. :)

      Delete
  2. I have the paint pot & i get plenty of use out of it. As for the sheen supreme thats the only shade i own & i love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo comfortable to wear... I want insanely it, next. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love Painterly, makes such a great base for eyeshadows, use it all the time. Fab buys! :)

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaagh I'm so jealous of everything you bought! Hurry up pay day haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely goodies! I don't have any MAC products but a lot of them are on my wishlist. Something Special is such a gorgeous colour. Painterly looks perfect as an eyeshadow base and to get rid of any discolouration of the lids. The 217 is such a classic brush as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would definitely recommend something special - its so pretty and versatile. Xx

      Delete
  6. Love the Creme blush, such a fab haul. My favourite products are Blacktrack Fluidline & Hue Lipstick. So yummy!

    The Style Rawr!
    Tara (& Jade)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Hue is a classic too. Xx

      Delete
  7. All of these items seem great!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh so jealous of all this, it's making me want to go makeup shopping! I really want to try Painterly, must add it to my wishlist. The Full Speed lipstick looks like such a gorgeous colour too!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full speed is gorgeous - definitely one of my favourite and perfect for spring! X

      Delete
  9. I really need to go invest some money in getting some good eye brushes - I keep just using the ones that come in sets at Christmas and stuff even though I know that I'd get better results with a good set :L
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally recommend in investing in good quality brushes - using the right tools does make a huge difference to the end results!! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by