Monday 20 May 2013

Update / Konjac Sponge

Bad news - the Konjac Sponge has been playing havoc with my skin and I have now stopped using it completely.
As mentioned in my haul post, I have been using it exclusively as my daily detergent as directed, but around the 4/5 days mark I started noticing some bumps on my cheeks and clogged pores around my nose; the bumps then turned into spots and I never get spots on my cheeks so it was really unusual and upsetting for me.
Although I liked how it left my face straight after use (apparently clean), I  definitely noticed an increase in oiliness throughout the day, that I wouldn't normally get  using other routines.
And mind you, I still kept up my weekly mask sessions as usual - and thank God - but I have come to realised that it's simply not enough on its own and a pretty superficial performer.
I don't even think it was some purging incident since my skin is quite resilient and 'open to new products', in fact I didn't even get any purging when I started using the Clarisonic, which is more invasive.

I would normally give a product another go - after few months - but I don't fancy leaving it around to gather more germs and then placing it on my face again, you know what I mean?!
...so time for the bin, me think. :(

Have you ever used the Konjac Sponge? What's your experience?
x

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen one of those before! Is it soaked in something?

    justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, just water and that should be the beauty of it but not working out for me :( x

      Delete
  2. I haven´t used anything similar but it´s sad to hear that it didn´t work for you. But reading that you use a Clarisonic I would love to hear how you clean it. Because I use a simple face brush but feel that if I don´t clean it from time to time it will have more disadvantages than advantages xD
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply clean the Clarisonic every 3/4 uses with the same cleanser I used on my face.. hope this helps :) x

      Delete
  3. I use this product, but mine comes from nature republic brand and sponge :) I survived almost 2 months old, but now he's starting to turn yellow, because I was a sponge sponge white original :) yours is derived from red clay ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see, I thought it was the same product plus the clay... anyway I'm so disappointed that I don't think I wanna try the original one now... shame :(

      Delete
  4. Perhaps it's the red clay that your skin doesn't like? :S I was going to try the same one, but I bought the plain one instead. So far no problems.

    It's so disappointing when something just doesn't work how you expected it to. :(

    I think you can compost them btw, I even read you can put them in plant pots along with soil to help your plants - so if it didn't work for your skin, maybe it could work for your garden? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, great idea! I will try and make it work for the plants then... not wasted after all ;) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by