Monday 6 May 2013

Review / Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Face Primer

I'm a firm believer in the 'devil is in the details' phrase and relating to beauty how those steps that sometimes you feel you can skip, actually make the look come together.
Take primers - for instance: they get hidden under layers of other products, they are often pretty ordinary looking in the make up world, no exciting swatches to display... but, oh boy, they have a purpose!
With age and wisdom (or dullness, you can be the judge of that), I now find myself excited to try new face primers because I've come to see and feel the difference.
Recently, I've been trying out Daniel Sandler Retexturizing Face Primer* which was sent to me by Hairtrade.com, the Uk's leading online retailer of hair extensions, hair care and beauty products.
The product comes in a compact, black tube with a small nozzle to easily dispense the right amount of product.
I love the scent - it's very delicate with a touch of saltiness that reminds me of days spent in the sun, on the beach when I was a kid; must be one of the sunscreen ingredients. In fact, it has a broad spectrum spf20, UVA/UVB protection against sun damage: personally, I think it's brilliant - definitely , one of the selling points of this base and that set it apart from the others on the market.
It feels silky and velvety on the skin like a silicone base product but I've been using it exclusively for a couple of weeks and I haven't experienced any clogged pore or blemish. I wouldn't say it's matte - but actually let the glow comes through - and doesn't make you greasy after few hours.
It also delivers in ironing out imperfections and blurring pores and can be applied to eyelids and lips too - interested to try it out on my lips next since I have few lines there.

So far, as a face primer, it really smooths out the complexion, bringing the best out of your foundation and it's  the best ally for Spring/Summer make up!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Alex - think I may give this one a go after reading that. I am almost finished my Smashbox one - although I could buy that again I think it's good to try new brands so thanks for sharing lovely. Laura xx xA Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad the review was useful! I like the Smashbox too but I see a better result with the Daniel Sandler. :) xx

      Delete
  2. I need a new primer and think it having spf20 and UVA/UVB Protection is brilliant. Lovely review

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great too, especially as a city block this summer. x

      Delete
  3. Oh this sounds fab! I haven't tried much Daniel Sandler but hear good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have some really interesting products in the line... you should give the blushes a go, especially! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds really interesting I haven't tried anything from Daniel Sandler yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely and innovative brand - highly recommended!

      Delete
  5. This is so going on my wishlist - didn't realise it came with SPF 20, brilliant! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - me neither, it's a nice surprise, innit? :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by