Tuesday 8 April 2014

Review / Redken Nature's Rescue Refining Sea Polish



Today's review is about the Redken Nature's Rescue Refining Sea Polish*.
I was surprised - maybe like you - when I first saw this product: it's basically a scrub for your locks and I have never heard of anything like this before. Surprised and apprehensive, I must admit - but I  HAD to give it a try!
It contains pumice that removes impurities and smooths hair surface; it's suitable for coloured hair and also big plus because it's silicone and paraben free.

It can be used both on the scalp and the length of the hair; you massage it in from roots to ends after shampooing and you're not supposed to use a conditioner afterwards (which makes sense, since you're deep cleansing and you don't just want to add a thick layer of product).
If you don't feel comfortable about leaving the conditioner out, I suggest to use a 2-in-1 shampoo or a leave-in detlanger.
I got to say that I didn't miss the conditions step, tho: my hair were left super-soft and bouncy, once blow-dried. 


I was a bit worried on the rinsing part, but the product was surprisingly easy to remove and I didn't spend any extra time in the shower than when I do my regular shampoo/conditioner routine.
It is a gentle exfoliant, non-damaging and it has a discreet, fresh scent; it does't foam up but it's easy to spread and work into the hair.

All round a fantastic discovery! I just wish I'd come in a bigger size too because it will now firmly be part of my hair regime as a weekly detox treatment. You can pick up a tube on Hairtrade.com, the Uk's leading online retailer of hair extensions, hair care and beauty products.

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of anything like this either! I'm always excited to try new things so thanks for sharing your find! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of the shampoo in this range x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try the mask next. x

      Delete
  3. Oh, interesting! This is a first for me, too - sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard about anything like this before either but now I want to try it :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you try it. interested to see how you like it :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by