Saturday 20 December 2014

Christmas 2014 / Le Couvent Des Minimes


Today’s post is a Christmas gift recommendation as well as Brand introduction. 
Le Couvent Des Minimes is a French brand of authentic, natural products that are using recipes created by Botanist Monks and Franciscan Missionaries of Mary that lived in the Couvent of the Minims since the 1600s.
Nowadays they still use these original blend of herbs and flowers that have been proven to have curative properties. 

I have to admit that I haven’t been that excited about a new brand for a while!
I find the packaging really charming with a rustic/french appeal and I absolutely loved reading about the apothecary knowledge behind the formulations.



At the heart of every line there is a Cologne - Eau Miraculeuse - and the same scent also comes in a wide selection of products; for example, I’m been testing out The Recipe of Love* and in this scent you can get a Cologne, Exfoliating Shower Pulp, Beneficial Massage Oil, Body Butter, Hand Cream and a Soap.  
The Recipe of Love has fruity and floral notes of Orange Blossom which is also renewed for its softening and soothing properties; the other main ingredients is Petitgrain which is source of harmony.


The brand is also committed to its charitable work, by donating 1% of all annual sales back to Franciscan Missionaries of Mary – and with these profits they have already funded a day nursery and school for nurses in Southern India. 

…and even more good news: you will be pleased to find out that they are endorsed by L'Occitane (!!!) and the products are extremely affordable; single items like Hiker's Foot Healer starting from under £5 or The Best of le Couvent des Minimes Set with 4 products for only 10 quid.

This is THE brand to try today and, although it’s new to the UK market, the products are already easily available in Boots nationwide.
Have you heard about this brand yet?

21 comments:

  1. I adore the vintage look of the packaging - very charming! I'll look out for this brand in Boots :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this brand pop up so much lately - I really want to try their products xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of this brand before, but what beautiful packaging - definitely a great one for gifting i'd be very happy if this was under the tree for me! www.hiddenfreckles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had Boots so I could try these! Maybe I'll remember the brand on my next trip to London :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you manage to try it because its great xx

      Delete
  5. Mai sentito parlare del brand ma onestamente mi incuriosisce da matti; il packaging è bellissimo e mi incuriosiscono moltissimo le fragranze! Se solo Boots avesse s.s. più accessibili.. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh lo so, magari puoi dividere spese con delle amiche ;)

      Delete
  6. looks like a really great items :)) Have to give it a try ! Happy holidays darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely products, thanks for sharing! <3

    I have a new outfit post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard, I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds great! plus, love the vintage look of the packaging! thank you for sharing!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i think the packing is a big seller too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by