Thursday, 10 October 2013

Ombre' Hair



I've liked the ombre' hair look since it became popular few years ago but my hair was too short, at the time... and then I usually have a very long pondering/hibernation period before embracing new trends.
I'm actually getting fed up with my longer hair, so I thought it was perfect timing to try the ombre', before my next haircut.
I decided to go diy and used the L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombres in No1 Dip Dye Hair Kit From Light Brown To Dark Brown.

I had actually never ever dyed my hair before but the whole process was really easy, instructions clear and the brush just perfect to achieve this result. The only thing I straggled with was the smell of bleach which was sooooo overpowering that I had to stop and dry my tears a few times; I guess it could be expected but It was seriously (nearly) unbearable and  considered stopping midway.
You can leave this formula on between 25/45 mins depending how light you want to go and I went for the safe middle-of-the-road 35 minutes.
I'm actually really pleased with the result and love it!




I'm glad I took the plunge and did it - It was time for a change!
What do you think? Are you a fan of the ombre' hair?

12 comments:

  1. Looks great on you! I've done mine a few times x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) I'm so glad I did itx

      Delete
  2. WOW, this looks gorgeous on you! Do you still want to get your hair cut? Haha! I was actually wondering, did you find your hair to feel dry after this? Because I know a friend of mine used this and her hair was literally like straw afterwards and it completely put me off trying it!

    - Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, stil want to cut my hair but not right now :) no, don't think my hair are in worst conditions, but they were pretty good to start with. I don't normally use tools or many products. x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin + GTC) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com .


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey yeah! How cool you dared to do it at home! If I had known the result will be that great I could definitely have saved a LOT of money (the hairdresser was just so expensive!). I think a lighter shade suits you so well, you should consider going all blonde or light brown :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's very expensive at the hair salon so I decided to give it a go myself and pretty pleased with the results :)
      I think yours came out great too! xx

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try this out but I was afraid, after this I'm picking it up. I want to make my ombre higher :) It came out great Alex
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I think ombre' would look amazing on you :)

      Delete
  6. Most girls love the ombre hair including me! It looks really good on you. You did it very well.

    - Mary
    Loving the Ombre hair extensions :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by