Wednesday 20 March 2013

Review / Laura Mercier Eye & Cheek Palette

Another palette review today: Laura Mercier Eye & Cheek Palette from the Lingerie Collection, Spring 2012
It was love at first sight but then I refrained from buying it straight away and went sold out; it took me months and months to find one but I'm so pleased to have it because this palette is a beauty!
The packaging is not the most attractive (like many Laura Mercier items, I find) but it's very sleek and sturdy, making it perfect for travelling.
This perfectly formed set contains 6 eyeshadows and 2 blushes and it also has a huge mirror which is pretty handy, indeed.
Most of the shades are neutrals with a couple of purples, which suits me just fine as purple is my favourite eyeshadow colour. :)
They are all very smooth, the quality is consistent and  I haven't had any trouble working with any of them.
My favourites are Tawny Apricot - a pretty dusty rose - and African Violet, a gorgeous purple and gold duochrome; Black Plum is also a shade I've been enjoying using, a matte black/purple.
Actually only these last 2 shades are existing single LM colours, all the others are new for this palette.
Both blushes are also new: Rose Desire - blue toned pink, nearly matte and extremely pigmented - and Fresh Peach - a sheer peachy coral with shimmer.
What can I say... I love LM eyeshadows in general and this palette doesn't disappoint - Glad it's part of my collection!

***
On another note... Congratulations to my giveaway winner: Terri @ Hello Terri Lowe
Prize is on the way... Enjoy!!! :)

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous palette!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see African Violet I fall in love with it a little bit more! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks so wonderful! I love the colours, especially those of the blushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such acomplete palette. A must have.

      Delete
  4. Oooh this is so pretty Alex! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that palette is really beautiful.
    Really cute and shimmering colors.
    Btw now I´m following yu in Bloglovin´ I hope your follow me back.


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the packaging, nice and simple :) And the shades are so pretty, love the African Violet. It's strange that it doesn't have an applicator, but on the other hand in my experience they're usually unusable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they are useless most of the times. More space for colour ;)

      Delete
  8. Pretty! I especially love the blush colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by